CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 27, 2003

Thanksgiving is over

Yep...today, for the second time in my life, my sister and I cooked the complete Thanksgiving meal. Another success (if you don't mind me saying). Food was edible (beyond edible....it could have been showcased on Emeril live!) Everything was hot at the same time, and the family left the table OVERstuffed :) I thought only turkies got stuffed... But, I digress....

The reason this year, that Kelly and I made the meal wasn't because Mom had to be at work on Thanksgiving morning. Nope, Mom was sitting around the kitchen with us, giving verbal encouragement. However she wasn't full of the boundless energy that she usually is....because of the medicine, the chemotherapy affecting her body.

This was the first time I've actually SEEN her in person since she started the battle of breast cancer this summer. She is an amazingly strong woman....I pray I have that strength should I ever go through something that requires it. This was also the first time I've seen her without her wig. She wants us to shave off the rest of her whispey hair that hasn't already fallen out...wow. Never thought I'd hear that. Man, I love her. And my biggest prayer is that her eyes would be opened to all that Jesus is to her. That I would know she accepts Him as her Savior. I don't know what it will take....but Lord, keep me obedient. Help me to be able to filter out the noise of everyday, everyminute life to hear your small, hushed prompting. Help me to be who she needs me to be, to see You....

I trust you all had a wonderful day and remembered to give thanks for a multitude of things, just as we did at home. If not, take a moment right now and write a few notes to people and tell them why you are thankful for them. Make the notes timeless, more than about just an instance or two, but things about THEM. I promise it will be priceless....

Well, the apple, pumpkin, and pecan pies are all covered and in the fridge...dishes are dried and put away...I'm feeling all warm and cozy (inside and out). Think I'll go curl up in bed. Goodnight!

0 whatevers: