CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 04, 2004

Everyone must take time to sit and watch the leaves turn. ~Elizabeth Lawrence

This weekend I officially welcomed Autumn. ‘Autumn’ is such a better word to encompass this season then ‘Fall’ (although as a child I would have given that debate).

My sister and her roomie from PA came to visit me in Ohio…and we had the perfect fall-flavored weekend. They got in late on Friday night and I had a crock pot full of baked cinnamon-walnut stuffed apples melting the frozen yogurt that was piled on top waiting for them when they arrived. We caught up as we tasted the apples of autumn. Then cozied up to a movie as the harvest candle burned on the old trunk.

Saturday was a leisurely morning, awaking to warm coffee overcast skies. We were confident that the weather would hold out for us to go hiking…and we were right. After having lunch at HaHa’s Pizza, we took the jaunt to John Bryan Park as the clouds lifted and sun started to filter through the trees and we needed our sunglasses. We spent a wonderful afternoon kicking around the leaves as we wandered through trails and over bridges…everyone laughing at me taking pictures of all the beautiful scenes we came across. (I’ll try to post some soon, but I’ve had trouble getting to the internet from home lately.)

After we meandered our way to the end of the trail we were craving ice cream, so it was off to Young’s Dairy for some Cinnamon and Pumpkin Ice Cream! Young’s was having a fall festival that afternoon, so we wandered through the festivities as we savored our dairy delights and I tried to pick out the perfect pumpkins. I settled on two unique ones and we were on our way.

Back home for some corn chowder and an evening at Shannon & Dave’s watching Friend’s. A perfect carefree weekend spent with my little sister….who could ask for anything better =o) Hope YOU get to spend some time outdoors to catch the leaves before they all fall.



Bittersweet October. The mellow, messy, leaf-kicking, perfect pause between the opposing miseries of summer and winter. ~Carol Bishop Hipps

0 whatevers: