CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, November 01, 2008

Honestly, I want to be like Christ

But honestly I want to be like the Christ who turned water into wine, not the Christ who thirsted on a cross. I want to be the clothed Christ, not the one whose garment was stripped and gambled away. I want to be the Christ who fed the five thousand, not the one who hungered for forty days in the wilderness. . . This is the dark side of Christianity, the side we don't see when we sign up. That if we want to be like Christ, we have to embrace both sides of His life. What else could it mean when the Bible talks about "the fellowship of His suffering"? How could we enter that fellowship apart from suffering? How could we truly know the Man of Sorrows acquainted with grief if we had not ourselves known grief and sorrow?


The Reflective Life by Ken Gire

I've been pondering the Sermon on the Mount, as we've been going through it in house church. Do i see my deep need and call out to the only one who can ultimately help me? or am I content being 'happy' with safe circumstances where I can just idly do life? Happiness depends on external circumstances. But blessing depends on being rightly related to God despite external circumstances.

"Blessed are the poor in spirit, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to them." Matthew 5:3

Am I rich or needy?

0 whatevers: