CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Lilac



In the dooryard fronting an old farm-house near the white-wash'd palings,
Stands the lilac-bush tall-growing with heart-shaped leaves of rich green,
with many a pointed blossom rising delicate, with the perfume strong I love,
With every leaf a miracle - and from this bush in the dooryard,
With delicate-color'd blossoms and heart-shaped leaves of rich green,
A sprig with its flower I break.

~Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass, 1865

4 whatevers:

Kristi Bodin said...

I'm another Kristi. I live in Massachusetts with my black lab named Martha (for the one in the Bible, not the one with the perfect life.) I found your blog somehow on a Google search while I should have been working.

So I say, hello! Nice blog, keep it up and I will check in again.

--Kristi

Kristi said...

Another soul whose name is spelled like mine =o) Thanks for stumbling by...have a wonderful weeknd!

Κινητοί Τοίχοι - Movable Walls said...

Dear friend, may I ask you for a favor? I am presently trying to enhance traffic in my company’s blog, as this would increase chances of the blog’s photos to appear in “Google Images”; this is very important for our work. Could you please visit our blog and browse for a couple of minutes. You may even learn about a new product there!
Thank you.

cKAja said...

this is amazing post! Nice one