CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 19, 2004

OTR and Big Bear Hugs

Ahh yes....this makes me happy. It will be a great Friday night.

Then Saturday morning it's off to Erie, PA to attend my Grandma's 70th birthday bash. My Grandpa is so cute...taking his ingrained-legal-profession-ways and sending out a formal letter to invite each member of the family. Complete with 'Copies sent to:' list at the bottom. You have to know him, and if you do, it would make you chuckle. I sure do miss my grandparents...and wish I could do breakfasts and pick memories and glean wisdom from them like Joel has been seizing opportunity to. I'll just have to take what I can get...

I am really looking forward to chillin with the Gleason Gang. Being about 5 hours away, instead of 5 blocks away like my sister is, makes a difference in how much you really crave that family time. To kick back with those who know me completely...my past and my present. To be clobbered by frantic arms of 3 sisters as I walk in the door. To be asked if I'd like another pot of coffee put on. To park in front of the place that used to be my home and still feel 'homie' (but it will never REALLY be MY home again.) Oh, and something I've been looking forward to more than I realize is the big bear hug from my Dad ;o) Just something about a Dad/daughter hug that nothing can compare to....is it the 28 years of history being displayed in one gesture? I don't know what it is. I just know that understanding-filled-miss-you-I-care-hugs are lacking sometimes, and this one will fill the void for a bit.


2 whatevers:

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for the great fellowship and apple pie last night! It made me so happy to see your smile last night... :-)

Kristi said...

At it was all very good =o)