CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 19, 2004

the blanket of autumn

Tomorrow, Aspen and I hit the road bound for Erie, PA. Yep...home for the holiday. The holiday that always manages to wrap me up in coziness and tuck me in tight. I love Thanksgiving because it's been such a family holiday. And I'm very much a family girl. I am using up some of those vacation days (before the end of the calendar year), so I will be savoring all the family moments until Nov. 28th.

Of course there will be footbal....and can't forget to flip on the tele and see the awkward balloons held by string bobbing up and down the street. And warm pumpkin pie is definately a favorite of mine. But when it comes to specific traditions, I can't pinpoint any others. How about you? What things are specific to YOUR family on this holiday of giving thanks?

"Give thanks unto the Lord, for he is good:
for his mercies endureth forever."
Psalm 107:1



2 whatevers:

Cameron Lawrence said...

you just reminded me of the parades. i think this was the first year i didn't see them.

Anonymous said...

Great Blog! I also have a site about johnny depp willy wonka and the chocolate factory
. You can check it out at johnny depp willy wonka and the chocolate factory


Also, as a thank you for visiting my site, I'd like to tell you about a great site that is giving away a FREE DVD Camcorder! Just click the following link and enter your Zipcode to see if the promotion is available in your area!

FREE DVD Camcorder