CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

his heart

This morning I read something. It was something that struck a chord with me because it’s melody blended perfectly with the tune of longing that has been playing- sometimes louder, sometimes softer- in my heart for awhile. It was beautiful. So much so that it brought a tear to my eye and I had to leave my office and take refuge in the restroom so my emotions could get under control and I could have a moment to myself to seek the heart of God. Show me what You are doing in me.

I asked Him to make the longings of my heart what His heart aches for. I want to know Him so well that my firsthoughts can’t help but reflect His heart. I want people to look at me and see a very true reflection of Him. But this doesn’t just happen through a prayer. No. It takes work. Dedication. Discipline.

I want my life to be a beautiful surrender. Complete. Second-nature.

With God, all things are possible.

2 whatevers:

Joel said...

Very cool. I think that is the ultimate goal He wants for every person, that their heart becomes His. Not just by saying a prayer of forgiveness, but that our hearts would truly become His, not only in possession but in feeling and meaning.

Anonymous said...

surrender also takes TRUST. ah...there's that word again. no ammount of discipline can develop trust. The one thing we need the most is the one thing we can not work to grow in. here's another thing i read:

"You will trust Him to the degree you know you are loved by Him."