CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 20, 2005

created to do

Tonight I crawled home in the 5:00 traffic that was moving as one big salty, slushy mess. All I wanted to do was relax. Kick back. Exhale.

I parallel parked in front of my house and saw what the constant snowing since 8 am had left…..steps that looked more like a white ramp of ice. Another barrier to my destination of doing nothing…..so I grabbed the shovel. Once finished throwing the white powder back on the lawn where it should be, I went inside. Aspen was all too glad to see me and gave me a big ole kiss as I let her out of her cage. It was decided, she’d love the white wonderland, how could I keep her from it? So I put on warm layer, grab her leash, and out to the white wonder. She hit the sidewalk and was bounding through the snow, just like her nature demands her to. Husky’s were definitely designed for this stuff. Shoveled walks were in the minority, neither Aspen or I seemed to mind, we just enjoyed being out. As I looked up past a streetlight I saw falling my favorite kind of snow-the soft, icey kind that catches every bit of light and reflects it right back. A constant shower of diamonds was falling down and resting on my hat, eyelashes, and Aspen’s fur. It was complete contentment to watch a creature do what they were created to do. Aspen, to be frolicking in the snow.

Wow. That must be how God feels when He looks at his sons and daughters to see them about His will. But oh, the heartache when He sees just the opposite. People trying to conform instead of be unique individuals. Crying out for acceptance from people when the only true acceptance is found in Him. What kind of reaction rises when He looks at me?


Oh...here is a picture of Aspen and I after our walk...


2 whatevers:

Unknown said...

I should have come over to your house and hung out with you...I stayed home all night and watched TV; man I felt like a zombie after all that...I haven't had a night of watching TV in sooooo long...

Yeah I need stuff to do now.... :-(

Joel said...

I like the tongue sticking out...adds character to the picture!