CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Why am I the one staying in Ohio?

My two wonderful roomies are leaving this morning for a week-long adventure in California…full of camping, rock climbing, and any other thing that happens along their way. Last night we had a roomie-bonding event. We hopped into Amber’s Jetta and rolled to the OSU Wexner Center in Columbus to take in the beats and rhythms of Savion Glover’s footwork on an amplified floorboard.



As the show went on not only did he incorporate mind-boggling moves, but he pulled out a microphone and began to sing “Just the Way You Look Tonight” as he danced! Amazing. You can understand why his turquoise shirt that started out a light shade, was becoming darker, little by little, as perspiration crept down, down, down… He tapped for 45 straight minutes. Then intermission. The second half he was joined by 3 younger dancers- a girl and 2 guys- who were equally intense in their moves, as they moved to more upbeat recorded and live music. As the night closed, Savion ended with an artistic take (singing included) of Eden Ahbez’s “Nature Boy”:

There was a boy...
A very strange enchanted boy.
They say he wandered very far, very far
Over land and sea,
A little shy and sad of eye
But very wise was he.

And then one day,
One magic day, he passed my way.
And while we spoke of many things,
Fools and kings,
This he said to me,
"The greatest thing you'll ever learn
Is just to love and be loved in return."


Then tonight I get to have dinner with my boy (and my best friend and her husband) before he heads out to California for 6 days, as well. But he is going on business to a different part of Cali.

It’s gonna be a quiet week for Kristi! But it will be good, and I’m sure I’ll get a lot done around the house. Anyone know who has the best deal on flowers right now? I feel some gardening coming on ;o)

3 whatevers:

Unknown said...

OH, that is SO COOL. I bet that was fun last night! :-)

Mmm, flowers. I have some ordered already and I get them May 6. I can't wait to get my hands on my flower beds! :-)

Erin said...

Wow, sounds like a neat show. I always love dancing and singing. Columbus has some great entertainment. One of my best friends is from there, so I've been a time or two. Gardening also sounds good, but up here in Michigan it is suppose to snow this weekend... I just don't get it!?!

Provl8dy said...

I am so jealous! Savion!!! (I'm salivating)I got to tap onstage with him once in Santa Barbara for the National Day of Tap or something like that. I was one of like 500 people so don't think I am anywhere near his level...that must have been fantastic.

As for flowers, I think Sam's Club has some great deals but you have to buy in bulk and somtimes that stinks. Try Wal-Mart.