CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Sisters

A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost.
~Marion C. Garretty


Oh, so true. I love being a big sister.

Now, don't get me wrong, it's had its rollercoaster moments. Like being blamed for doing something that my kniving, sweet-faced younger counterpart was wholly at fault for. Or being the parent guinea-pig in every single situation, before other siblings came to those monumental moments. But all-in-all it's been grand. I believe God created me with that inner 'mothering-taking-care-of-others' gene and being a big sister is the perfect outlet for that. My sister Kelly, who is 3 years more youthful than I, have been through it all together. Our parents divorce, custody battles, moving, picking on each other, visitaitons, changing schools, being split up, planning holiday visits, gaining parents and siblings, planning bed and breakfasts we may one day run, brainstorming, dreaming, playing, fighting, encouragement, hiking, mood swings, hilarious laughter, letters, college, boyfriends, confessions, edification, camp...wow, I could go on and on. I do thank God for blessing me with her companionship, comraderie, and compassion. Without her by my side, I bet my outlook on things would be quite different.

Oh, and here is one of my favorite current pictures of us:

Eyes Like Twins

And as time went on, I gained stronger friendships with my other 3 sisters and brother...I couldn't imagine life without ANY of them. They are all precious pieces of what makes Kristi, KRISTI.

To the outside world we all grow old. But not to brothers and sisters. We know each other as we always were. We know each other's hearts. We share private family jokes. We remember family feuds and secrets, family griefs and joys. We live outside the touch of time. ~Clara Ortega

1 whatevers:

Anonymous said...

Great Blog! I also have a site about Italian rice chocolate pie
. You can check it out at Italian rice chocolate pie


Also, as a thank you for visiting my site, I'd like to tell you about a great site that is giving away a FREE DVD Camcorder! Just click the following link and enter your Zipcode to see if the promotion is available in your area!

FREE DVD Camcorder