CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, December 30, 2005

Changes Come

Change. verb. 1 a : to make different in some particular : ALTER b : to make radically different : TRANSFORM c : to give a different position, course, or direction to2 a : to replace with another b : to make a shift from one to another : SWITCH c : to exchange for an equivalent sum or comparable item d : to undergo a modification of e : to put fresh clothes or covering on .

I believe that has been the theme for my life lately. And will continue to be well into next year. Change can be good. Change can be hard. But change is a part of life, there is no escaping it so it’s better just to learn to roll with it, adapt to it, make the change normal.

This Christmas was extremely different than any other for me. My fiancĂ© and I had Christmas at home with my family the first weekend of December, and we stayed here in Dayton/Bellbrook to have actual Christmas with Phil’s family. This was the first year that I didn’t watch The Grinch (cartoon) with all my sisters. The first time I woke up in a house completely alone on Christmas morning. The first Christmas I wasn’t surrounded by Gleasons.

BUT….this was also my first Christmas with a fiance. The first one celebrated with my to-be stepdaughter (cutest thing ever!) who flipped out with excitement when she opened the Harry Belafonte Muppet Show DVD I got her ;o)

Also the first Christmas celebrated with a family that rallies around food instead of Christ. That was possibly the most drastic change of all. Next year it will be my first Christmas with a husband…and a daughter…and time to start our own Christmas traditions…

Aside from Christmas….. tonight my roommate gets married. Wow. Tuesday my other roommate moves to do missions in Africa for a few years. Then I get 2 new roommates for about 3 months until a couple takes over the house and I become a vagabond until May 13. Hesitant. Excited. Wondering. Trusting. Praying. Talk about change….time to roll…

0 whatevers: