CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Summer Rain...

Let the rain kiss you. Let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops. Let the rain sing you a lullaby. ~Langston Hughes


Last night we had some storms....crazy big drops of rain in sideways sheets made by the wind. But before the sky started to thunder....we decided to go out and PLAY! My sister, Kelly....my stepdaughter, Lila...and I.....puddle jumping =o)

Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain. ~Author Unknown


Lila had about enough as her hands were hovering over her ears, ready to clamp down at the slightest sky-rumble. And she decided to stand on the covered porch, with her umbrella, and watch US play. Hahaa...now is that the way it's supposed to go? No matter, Kelly and I jumped in puddles of rain for a few more minutes before the lightnging brightened our path....then we ran inside sopping wet. This is summer.


I am sure it is a great mistake always to know enough to go in when it rains. One may keep snug and dry by such knowledge, but one misses a world of loveliness. ~Adeline Knapp

Playing in the rain....

Rain by Shel Silverstein
I opened my eyes
And looked up at the rain,
And it dripped in my head
And flowed into my brain,
And all that I hear as I lie in my bed
Is the slishity-slosh of the rain in my head.

I step very softly,
I walk very slow,
I can't do a handstand--
I might overflow,
So pardon the wild crazy thing I just said--
I'm just not the same since there's rain in my head.


0 whatevers: