CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 15, 2007

I'm tagged!

Caley has tagged me, so here goes…

What I was doing 10 years ago:
It was 1997, and I was a Junior at Cedarville University (then it was still College). I was also an RA in a unit full of awesome ladies, most of whom I keep in touch with today. I was debating changing my major from El Ed/Special Ed to something else, not sure what that could be. I was not dating anyone (struggling with why), looking forward to heading back to PA for Thanksgiving, and studying for finals. Looking back....man, I do not wish I was back there. Glad I am where I am =o)

What I was doing 5 years ago:
In 2002 I was living in a house with 2 other roomies. One, I'd been living with since college, and she was about to get married in a year. It was a hard transition, since we had lived together so long, but I was soooo happy for her. I had just joined the YMCA and was getting into Pilates (fun!) and water aerobics (the class was nothing but older people...and us 2, hahah).

One year ago:
A year ago, married for just 6 months....my husbands Mom had passed away, and we were dealing with the first Thanksgiving without her. We were also in the process of fixing up our house (badly dated circa. 1976) and having a blast doing it. We were also transitioning into a 'family' with Phil's then 5 year old, Lila. God is so good. I cannot believe all that was a year ago.

Yesterday:
Yesterday was a beautiful autumn day in the 60's. I was at work all day, dying to get outside and take a wander thru the crunch leaves. I got home, started a dinner of steamed broccoli and ham-and-cheese loafe (sorta like stromboli). Then Kelly got home (my sis is living with us) and we ate...somewhat peacefully, untiil Lila decided to pick things apart cuz she didn't like the cheese melted. Kids. After dinner I embarked on making a Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake (took about 4 hours) and watched my Wednesday night TV shows: Pushing Daisies and Bionic Woman.Phil left to take Lila to shop for our family's Operation Christmas Child shoebox. Kelly and I finished our shows, then it was time for bed....but I had to set my alarm for 1:00 so I could do the next step on the cheesecake. (and YES, I did wake up to do it!)

5 snacks I enjoy:
Raw Almonds
Gardetto's Mix
Fruit (of the season)
Trail Mixes
Graham Crackers & Peanut Butter

5 things I would do if I had $100 Million:
Pay off my school loans
Pay off our mortgage
Pray about what mission-opportunity God would have us give to
Actually go on vacation with my husband (and not worry about a budget)
Renovate our kitchen =o)

5 places I would run away to:
Erie, PA (family...that says a lot)
New England (always wanted to visit Maine, CT, etc....)
Ireland (Green! Castles!)
The perfect campsite (which means there are trees around, and our tent is NOT right next to the other site, and we are on the bank of a lake or near a mountain)
Wherever my husband would surprise me and plan....

5 TV shows I like:
LOST (ugh.....seriously, not until February)
Pushing Daisies (very witty and entertaining)
Bionic Woman
Gray's Anatomy
Cannot think of another...

5 things I hate doing:
Change
Not getting answers
Reminding people to do things
Following people who don't use their turn signal
Miscommmunicating (or misunderstanding)

5 biggest joys of the moment:
Heading home for Thanksgiving
Family
Aspen
Cooking/baking for people
Spending time with my Savior

And now I’m tagging Pointless Chatter, Melissa, Jody, Ambrosia, and Stacie.....You're IT!

1 whatevers:

Anonymous said...

Wow, 1am to finish a cheese cake... now THAT is dedication! I hope it came out well. :)