CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 16, 2003

Pillows and Praise


Last night....I hung out with my Saviour. My small group got together with Phil's small group last night for an evening of worship (the musical kind). Obviously, someone didn't want it to happen (I'd be willing to wager it was our age-old adversary) as the location wasn't clear to the groups a mere few hours before we were to meet, etc. After a few phone calls we landed at the coffee shop area at our church . The generic room was transformed into a laid back atmosphere by a few snacks, beverages, a little lamplight ambiance, and a bunch of pillows Amanda and I brought from home on a whim. My roomie's band Grace Among Thieves led us in some acoustic praise. If you ever get the chance to hear them, you need to. They put out some amazing acoustic/folk praise that leads you to the presence of God. I know I would be underestimating when I say that last night was MUCH needed...by me, Phil, many SG members who have mentioned it to me already.......refreshing. Oh, and I can't forget to mention the pillow fight that ensued the raiding of the snack table. Sorry Phil, I think you got mauled the worst!

Yeah..so....when is our next Pillows and Praise night? (Thanks Phil for coining the phrase!)

0 whatevers: