CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, June 10, 2003

We don't have to look too hard for an answer.



As I was studying for my small group this week, one thing really hit me in particular. God has placed such perfect reflections of human longings, desires, needs, emotion (you get the idea) in His word. How can people argue that He is 'distant' or 'out of touch'. The thing that got to me this weekend was the verse found in Proverbs 19:22 "What a man desires is unfailing love." Well, no kidding! So many times we don't act on something in fear of that action/feeling not being returned. How many times have you longed for something, to find that longing can be ultimately described as a longing for 'unfailing love'?


But the idea is not just left there. If you flip with me back to Psalm 136, you will see the statement that follows every other statement. "His love endures forever." That's it. As we search for the humanly unatainable 'unfailing love' we stumble upon the source of that love right here. God. No matter how much we want to shower unfailing love on someone, it just can't happen. Proverbs 20:6 states "Many a man claims to have unfailing love, but a faithful man who can find? "


Thank you, Father, for once again showing me how you are the answer to so many of my needs, as well as so many of my wants. Help me to see how to realize that in my everyday thoughts, words, and actions. I have found a love that will not let me go.

0 whatevers: