CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, July 02, 2004

Cherish

So, what I'm saying is this: we have our notions of intimacy backwards. What does it mean to guard the heart, the wellspring of the soul? Does it mean to wall of some things until they are safe to share? Or does it mean to first give your heart to God, and let our security and safety come from God first, so that we are then free to share all we are with everyone? I'll say that the second one is putting your heart on your sleeve and handing the world the axe, but having been afraid for a long time, I can't go back to walling who I am in. It's better to take my lumps, because at least they're real.

In the words of Patti Griffin, "today my heart is big and sore", but if we're honest, shouldn't it be? That's what it feels like when a muscle grows.


Read Myles' complete entry here.

0 whatevers: