CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 26, 2005

As 29 approaches...

Is it still ok for me to look forward to birthdays? Most women who are nearing my age would like to forget this one day each year where we chalk another one up to life experience. But not me, another year is that much more time God has, and will, work in and through this vapor of a life that I meander through. He has been so completely and undeservedly good to me in more ways than I can even begin to share (some ways more obvious than others, but all His design.)
So here I sit basking in my last few hours that I can claim the age of 28, and what plays through my mind over the past year?

Family ties made stronger
Career experiences gained
Fears worked through
Friendships gained, stretched, strengthened
Patience tried
Income budgeting tweaked
Siblings entering new phases of life
Encourgement given and received
My Church mirroring HIS vision for it
Gadgets acquired
Healthier lifestyle adopted
Perspective evolving
Priorities rearranged
Relationship journey begun
New employment (finally ;o)
Skills learned
Aspen-companion enjoyed
Awe-inspiring sunsets viewed
Roads travelled
Future contemplated

And much, much more...

Life lesson #28: Trust His perfect timing, it really IS the best.

3 whatevers:

Mike said...

I turn 29 in just a couple weeks. One thing that I always feel around birthday time is a sense of reflection. I start thinking about what I was able to accomplish over the past year. Birthdays were never a big deal in my home, but I know that they can be to other people. I pray that God uses you during the next year and when you come to this time next year you will be able to look back with fondness.

FollowJesus said...

I hope your birthday was a good day and that you got special attention from Jesus on that day.

I turn 36 in the second week of June. It didn't even seem very real until just now. When I typed the number "36", I felt pretty strange. I don't think about my age very much. There were times when my b-day would come around and I didn't even know it.

The day I decided to follow Jesus is 3 days after my birthday. That was and remains a very SPECIAL DAY!!!

KT said...

Hope you had a great bday! And by the way, there are 2 dog parks...one in xenia and the other up north off 75...we shall venture to it soon!