CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Erie, PA

So yeah, what other state refers to their name by pronouncing each letter in their abbreviation (Pee-ay)? Yeah, we are unique!

Labor Day weekend road trip to my childhood home of Erie, PA. But this time it was with my main squeeze and his adorably-cute daughter. It was Phil’s second time, and Lila’s first time to visit the Gleason Gang. And yes, this family full of estrogen can be a bit overwhelming at first, but never fear…we will just smother you with open arms and hospitality. After Lila’s first 10-mintues (self-proclaimed) of shyness, she was the center of attention as usual. Hamming it up and being as cute as ever. She has this way of singing the sweetest mad-up songs ever, and you just wish you knew the words to sing along. Everyone fell in love with her instantly. She referred to everyone as “hey kristi’s sister, hey kristi’s dad, etc.” until all the names clicked. Cute.

We did many things around Erie while we were there…the Erie Zoo was our first stop, which I realized why zoo’s are so much fun with little kids…just watch their simple awe and wonder as they gaze at each swinging and lumbering animal. And the exuberant delight of riding the carousel and waving frantically each time it rolled by. Fun.

Many picnics were had, bocce was played, as well as our traditional breakfast on the beach every labor day morning. We pack up an abundance of coffee, cocoa, cinnamon rolls, egg casseroles, bacon, and more and head out to the breezy peninsula. Such a great tradition, and I was glad I had the chance to take part once again, and bring Phil and Lila along. An outdoor concert by the bay, a sing-along campfire in the Gleason’s backyard, complete with sticky-fingers and smore’s. Ahh, the end of summer. We enjoyed our campfire-smelling hair and sweaters for the rest of the evening as we groggily stumbled back to the house.

Being that I live 5 hours away from my family, and they have never seen me with a boyfriend before…takes some getting used to (for them) I found out. And time it will take. I wish they lived just a skip away so we could stop in for dinners and game nights and all, then they could get to know him. Us.

Autumn is on its way my friends….never fear…sweaters and all things cozy are near….

(pics may be on their way)

3 whatevers:

Anonymous said...

Hey there! Good to hear from you! Sounds like you had a good time at home.....keep me posted with the happenings..... you know which ones I mean!! =)

Unknown said...

OH I'm so glad that you guys had such a good time. :-)

Can't wait to see pics!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kristi,
I'm so glad you all were able to come for the weekend...I had a blast and I look forward to hangin out with you again soon. Tell Phil and Lila I say hi! take care
ur lil sis