CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 29, 2006

Everyone must take time to sit and watch the leaves turn.

I stepped outside and coolness engulfed me. Welcome Autumn (with a smile). The leaves are making their transition to colors other than green, then begin their spiraling descent. Only to await the crunch under my feet. I love that crunch.

Pumpkin things is what I crave. Lattes. Cookies. Pie. Even carving them. That's how I know it's officially no longer Summer, or even the 'inbetween.' I like autumn things.

Soon I embark on a drive to DuBois, PA. My hometown (for half of my childhood), and in tow is my husband, daughter and father-in-law. All going to see my mom and step dad...and joining up with my beloved sister (whom I haven't gotten to be mischievous with in too long!) I am sure the drive will seem long, the weekend too-short…but the time spent and the memories made are what I look forward to.

Bring on Autumn. You are welcome here.


Bittersweet October. The mellow, messy, leaf-kicking, perfect pause between the opposing miseries of summer and winter.
~Carol Bishop Hipps


1 whatevers:

Schmanda said...

drink a pumpkin spice latte for me. i miss them so....as with all things autumn. autumn in africa just isn't the same. and it comes in april, which just isn't right!