CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 09, 2009

One Twig At A Time....

Inspiration. Challenge. Sometimes comes from completely unexpected places. From scenarios that have nothing to do with MY little world, but somehow parallel perfectly. Today, I found inspiration here:

Sometimes life throws us surprises. For us, March has certainly come in like a lion, and not a friendly one either. We have had every kind of problem you can imagine, horse problems, cow problems, weather problems, heating problems, truck problems, scheduling problems, Internet problems, and so on and so on. And that was just last week. But I learned a sweet lesson from God using a little bird.

There is a small bird building a nest in the bird feeder that hangs on my front porch. Right after this massive snowstorm that completely blanketed us, I saw little bird food prints on my front porch.

It didn't phase her at all. She wasn't whining or complaining. She wasn't fretting or worrying. She simply just did the next thing. She had to peck and dig a little to find her twigs, and there didn't seem to be hay sitting around for her to use, but she seemed to find it anyway without any bother. What a lesson. She is so focused on her God given purpose that she didn't even notice that the flowers were blooming and the calendar says it is March, and that this storm was a little un-nerving. She knows her job and even though she is a very small creature she wasn't at all bothered by a blizzard. I love the way God uses birds in His illustrations in His Word.

Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
Matthew 6:26-27

I encourage you sisters to take a look at the tasks in front of you as building a nest. Continue with a twig here and a twig there. Make your home a nice cozy nest for your family. Don't let the pressures of this world weigh you down. Don't really give them any notice. Pray and know that He knows what is going on and trust that He will care for us. We may face troubles ahead, in fact we most likely will experience some storms, but just keep on, one twig at a time.



Do I really believe my life is as valuable as my Saviour says it is?

How much smoother would my life go, if I just kept on...one.twig.at.a.time?

no fretting..

no worry....

...not even a blizzard could throw me off track....

asking God to help me on to the next twig

2 whatevers:

DCAja said...

good and very fun! 😎👍

cKAja said...

i like this post. Thanks